Monday, February 12, 2007

How It All Began.....

I have always been someone who needs a creative outlet. In high school I took almost every art class there was, and was even chosen for one of the coveted "independent art" openings . I absolutely loved having that time everyday to get messy with any of the supplies in the Art Department. When the Art Department was no longer available to me, I knew I needed to find a way to still be creative. That is how this quest for the perfect outlet for my artistic side began. I took drawing classes, dabbled in quite a few types of crafts, and even tried sewing. I would really get into whatever the art/craft du jour was, and then just as easily get bored with it. I bet I have the basic starters for every kind of art and craft known to man. So, when I announced to my husband that I was thinking about giving scrapbooking a whirl, he did his usual, "Uh huh, sounds great honey." I am sure what he was really saying was "Oh man, how much money we will be into this time before the excitement fizzles out?" Even I was really reluctant to try. Let's face it, I have a long history of intense interest followed by sudden boredom. It took me quite a few months of thinking about it, but I finally decided to take the plunge.
To be continued......

No comments:

A Bowl Full of Boys

A Bowl Full of Boys

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel