Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Vintage Finds!

I have been having such a great time going to rummage sales and thrift stores. Sometimes I have no idea what I am going to do with my finds, other times I know exactly what I am going to do. Recently I found some place mats. As soon as I saw them, I knew exactly what I was going to attempt to do with them. Here are the results:

See the floral valance in between the green drapes? I re purposed the place mats and turned them into valances! I love that they didn't cost me an arm and a leg! I did have to go and get a little piece of new fabric to match, but other than that, I used only the place mats. I wanted to fancy them up a little so I created a ruffle in between the two place mats.


You will see more of my vintage finds being transformed. I have an idea for vintage pillowcases that I can't wait to show you! I am doing a crash course in sewing. It is called Sewing: Trial and Error 101. My teacher.....................me. So far both the treasure hunting and learning to sew have been adventures!


One last thing. If you signed up to be a SIS affiliate through my blog, please email me at keriazakos@sbcglobal.net. I will need your address so I can send you a little something! There is still time to sign up!! You just have to make sure you email me and let me know.


One more thing. I was at Craft Fancy today http://www.craftfancy.blogspot.com/

As my two boys and I were pulling up, so was the UPS guy. He was delivering this:

Yes, I did buy some! :)

*Traci*

4 comments:

Linda said...

Ooooh those sheer thingies look cool! Love the drapes too! Are you still gonna do the Etsy??

TracyP said...

Dude! I really Love what you've done here! I need to take some pics of my home. You inspired me:)LOL
as always!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVE your vintage finds! :):):)

sandra said...

im loving the placemats!
i so need to get to craft fancy-im so close and still havent :(

have a good weekend

A Bowl Full of Boys

A Bowl Full of Boys

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel