Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring has sprung! I mean seriously, I think it was jailed someplace!

I could not have taken another snow storm! UGH!









I have two things I would like to share. First, is this picture I took on Easter Sunday. I was at my mother's house in Wisconsin. She lives out in the country on a beautiful road. Only one shot from all the pictures I took. Clearly I have a lot of work ahead of me!




I wish I didn't have to crop off the far left but there was a bush that was in the shot. I think the far left cropping is awkward but it had to be done.



Here's the other thing I wanted to share. I made this messenger bag for my son. If anyone is interested in making one I am more than happy to share. I don't use patterns, I just make it up as I go, so I would be happy to do a tutorial on it.



I always try to use fabric I find at the thrift shops. When it comes to making "boy" looking stuff, this becomes a problem. Mainly because I am so drawn to the flowery shabby chic stuff. In order to keep this bag looking like a bag for a boy, I kept it very "deconstructed" looking. All my seams are showing on this bag and I think it adds to the boy look. Let me tell you, those diamond shapes were hard to get right!

Have a great weekend!!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE this! Great job, Traci!

A Bowl Full of Boys

A Bowl Full of Boys

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel