Friday, April 2, 2010

What a brave girl I am!

I took this picture. Me. See the tops of the buildings, those are skyscrapers. Skyscrapers in Chicago. The the little dots at the bottom of the photo. Those are cars. That is what being 103 stories above the ground looks like.I am brave. Facing a fear is the definition of being brave in my book. I am terrified of heights. Absolutely terrified. Usually it makes me all wobbly feeling and shaky. So, no, I didn't jump out of an "aero" plane or anything, but I did stand 103 stories up over the city of Chicago in a clear box......And, I looked down! They kept telling me not to look down, but I did. Admittedly, I freaked out. Only on the inside, because when you are the mom you can't do a full on freak out. So, being that my kids were right there, I didn't start screaming hysterically or anything. But I could have, very easily. Yay me for not peeing in my pants. Did I say I am terrified of heights? Did I say that a while back when I saw this new feature at Sears (Willis) Tower on the news I said there would be no freakin' way I would ever go in that glass box 103 stories above the city? When I was actually standing in line to do this, I thought, "Self, why were you so freaked out by the thought of doing this. Self, the tv made it look so much scarier" I really believed that too. Until, it was my turn and I actually had to walk up to the clear box and could see 103 stories below me. Right there, nothing under neath but yellow taxis that looked like the size of ants. It literally looked like I was stepping off the side of a building. My husband, he got in there and jumped up and down. I suppose when you are someone who has actually jumped out of a plane, not once, not twice, but three times, this was not much of a thrill. He's hardcore like that. Anyway, I plan on facing all my fears. Next, on the list, snakes? Nah, boring, I think it will have to be something truly exciting, like bungee jumping!

It is official. I am doing a teal, white, black/gray color combo in the craft room. I am hoping I won't regret doing the teal rather than the lemon/lime combo I first had my heart set on. I am hoping this won't take very long because I don't do good in disorder, and right now I am sitting in the middle of a huge amount of disorder. I do prefer an organized area very much to sitting in the middle of a disaster area. My darling husband (I am not saying that sarcastically at all this time), is sanding my new (old) cabinets and getting them primed for a new coat of paint. I really got lucky with this man! Hey, ya gotta give props where they are deserved, and he deserves them.
I am not going to go very decor crazy with this room. I am hoping to find vintage pieces along the way rather than go buy all new things. I am trying to figure out what kind of curtains I should choose. I found some on Etsy I adore. They are handmade with a collection of vintage fabrics. Everyone one of the curtains she makes is different. Hmmmm....decisions, decisions......

2 comments:

Deana said...

Looks like we have the same fears... heights & snakes. Yes, you get an award for bravery! My sister, on the other hand, must've been born with the gene I was lacking. She jumped out of a plane AND bungee jumped. I could've puked just watching her.

Hope you had a GREAT Easter... :-)

Unknown said...

Hello my friend :) I like the view, well done!!! I like the sound of that colour combo!

A Bowl Full of Boys

A Bowl Full of Boys

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel