Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reasons to be happy even though you are going to get slammed by a winter storm and are totally ready for spring......

We are currently slated to get 10 inches of snow. This does not make me happy, but what can you do? Nada. Nothin'. Zilch. However, while we were out and about today, I found an estate sale. For me, that is pretty damn exciting and it turned this dreary weekend into a much better weekend and Traci into a much happier girl. I scored too! I found another Royal DeLuxe Typewriter from the 1940s, very odd barkcloth, a couple of great vintage cookbooks and hundreds of vintage postcards from all over the world. I can't wait to look through all of them to see what we have. If you are looking for any particular postcard, let me know, I think I have it. Do you see that purse? 1950s goodness and a suitcase from around the same time.
On the agenda for the rest of the day:
Finish this project! I am getting really excited to see it all come together. I am hoping by Monday I will have it all done. It is a matter of time management. I have to decide between listing the fab estate sale finds in my Etsy shop or being creative with my scrappy stuff.........decisions...decisions.In other news.....It has been an exciting weekend. The 6 year old lost a tooth. He was a little freaked out at first but when he realized the tooth fairy would be coming, he perked up. Oddly enough, we just went and saw the movie "Tooth Fairy" starring the Rock and Ashley Judd. It was a cute movie and perfect timing for us. Maybe I will wait up for the tooth fairy tonight in hopes he looks like Dwayne Johnson.


3 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

My daughter keeps her hair doodads in a purse similar to that. I used to carry it and got tired of it and it was sitting in a closet for years. Careful how you store it. Any humidity will make the wicker kind of stinky.

Thanks for the advice on getting back to sleep. I think that my husband's snoring would probably keep me from focusing on counting. We shall see.

Unknown said...

Hi chickadee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you set a trap for the toothfairy??!!

diana said...

cracked me up with that last line!
I wouldn't mind a little dwayne too!

A Bowl Full of Boys

A Bowl Full of Boys

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel