Friday, February 12, 2010

Inspiration, Love, and Beauty















My week was a bit consumed by having a sick 3 year old child. At one point this week, he was at 104.5 degrees. I get so worried when they have such a high fever. I am not complaining. I know having sick children is part of being a mom. More than anything I love being a mom to my boys. However, the worrying about my 3 year old being sick along with my 6 year old son's impatience and restlessness = me feeling ready to pull my hair out! A bright spot during the week was my six year old son's excitement for his Valentine's Day party at school. He had to make a box to hold the Valentine's he will be getting from his classmates. I was surprised and happy the 6 year old was looking forward to getting crafty with me. It is times like this I am extra glad to be a papercrafter/crafty mama. I didn't have to go and purchase supplies for his Valentine's project. In fact, I had so much paper, stickers, felt, paint, ribbon, etc. the 6 year old said (with an overwhelmed glaze in his eyes), "Mama, there are so many choices."
Today started on a much better note. On the way to take 6 year old to school, this morning, I noticed our park down the street was absolutely stunning. The trees had ice on them and the sun was shining through the ice illuminating everything. On any other day, I would keep driving giving only a second over to the thought of the beautiful winter scene. Typically I would not appreciate a moment that had the potential to take my breath away. Today I decided to appreciate the beauty nature had created. I had my IPhone with me, unfortunately not my Canon. My photos are not anything like what I saw. However, it wasn't about the photo. For me, today, it was about taking the time to stop and appreciate the beauty before me. I did. I stopped, took a few deep breaths, and appreciated the beauty right in front of me. I am so glad I did.

Here is some fun Valentine's Day inspiration from my fellow Etsy shop owners:
Legyviels
Just recently I discovered what a difference a good pair of socks makes in my comfort level during the day. I think I would die and go to heaven if I had these socks!








Cute, right!!!!

I adore this necklace. So simple.















The papercrafter in me adores every last item in this shop. My heart goes pitter patter as I peruse this shop.

1 comment:

diana said...

I found it!!!! What a beautiful post. So sorry to hear about your little guy. That is so scary when that happens. Thanks for reminding me that there is beauty to be enjoyed... even in this cold and snow! So often I forget to stop, be present and look around for all the beauty that is around us. I get to impatient and just want to get to summer! I would miss the seasons, so i should just be thankful that i live here and enjoy it!
Have a "LOVE"-LY weekend friend!

A Bowl Full of Boys

A Bowl Full of Boys

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel