Monday, May 3, 2010

100 Mile Garage Sale 2010! Completed My Rookie Year!

Last Thursday I set off for a weekend I had been looking forward to for a long time. My friend, who I have known since (I believe) before kindergarten and I had been planning this trip for months. Neither of us had been up to the 100 Mile Garage Sale before, so neither of us knew what to expect or what the heck we were doing. We were rookies in every sense of the word. We chalked this year up to being the one where we would get the lay of the land figured out. I was overwhelmed by the idea of 100 miles of garage sales and it took me a week to settle on a good driving route through the towns participating in the 100 miles of sales. Finally after researching maps I decided we would go up to Red Wing and work our way back south via garage sale hopping. Thursday night (next time I might go up on Wednesday because a lot of people started their sales on Thursday) we arrived in Red Wing, MN.

Friday morning we were up early and ready to hit the garage sales. Our first stop was a Caribou Coffee drive thru. We needed our coffee fix before socializing with the locals and checking out their junk. Those Red Wingians have some great junk! Our heads were spinning at the site of all the garage sales. Both of us were shocked at the amount of sales in the town. We were even more surprised to see tour buses coming into town. I didn't take many pictures this first day. I think I was feeling a bit like a "kid in a candy store". I do regret not getting one thing I saw that day. A set of four vintage french bistro chairs. They were black and metal and industrial chic and dang if I didn't pass them up. Tomorrow, I'll tell you more about the weekend. Tonight I have a lot of vintage goodness to sit in the middle of and get ready for listing in my shop.

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how fun traci!! can't wait to see the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

can't wait to hear baout your goodies!

A Bowl Full of Boys

A Bowl Full of Boys

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel

The Nicholas at the end of the tunnel